When it comes to roofing materials, Owens Corning has been a trusted name in quality and innovation for many years. But even when you know that you’ve got the best product behind you, that doesn’t mean that all of your choices are simple. Picking the right Owens Corning shingle colors can be particularly challenging.
In this blog post, we’ll:
- Take a journey through the history of Owens Corning
- Uncover why roofing professionals favor their products
- Explore the finest Owens Corning shingle colors to elevate your home’s curb appeal
- Discover the signs that hint at the need for a roof replacement
A Glimpse into Owens Corning’s Past
Before we delve into the world of shingle colors, let’s rewind a bit and explore the backstory of Owens Corning. Established in 1938, this company boasts a remarkable history of innovation and excellence within the construction industry. Initially focusing on fiberglass technology, Owens Corning rapidly diversified into various sectors, including roofing materials.
The roofing world experienced a game-changing moment when Owens Corning introduced fiberglass-reinforced asphalt shingles back in the 1960s. This innovation elevated roofing materials to a new level of durability and weather-resistance, setting a fresh industry standard. Since then, Owens Corning has never stopped pushing boundaries, continuously crafting cutting-edge roofing solutions.
What Makes Contractors Choose Owens Corning?
Roofing contractors play a pivotal role in ensuring the longevity and sturdiness of your roof. There are several reasons why they gravitate toward Owens Corning products:
Unwavering Commitment to Quality:
Owens Corning is synonymous with top-notch quality. Each batch of their shingles undergoes rigorous testing to meet industry benchmarks, guaranteeing homeowners a reliable and enduring roofing solution.
The Heart of Innovation:
The folks at Owens Corning are relentless innovators. They invest heavily in research and development, constantly churning out groundbreaking roofing materials that can stand up to diverse weather conditions. This dedication ensures homeowners get access to the latest roofing technology.
Trustworthy Warranty Plans:
For contractors and homeowners alike, Owens Corning extends a robust warranty safety net over their shingles. These warranties cover manufacturing hiccups and other potential issues that might crop up over time, ensuring peace of mind.
In today’s eco-conscious world, sustainability matters. Owens Corning is on board with this trend, offering environmentally friendly roofing options for homeowners who want to leave a smaller carbon footprint.
6 Of The Best Owens Corning Shingle Colors
Choosing the right shingle color can transform your home’s exterior aesthetics dramatically. Owens Corning has an extensive palette of shingle colors to suit various architectural styles and personal tastes. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the finest Owens Corning shingle colors that could grace your roof:
1. Estate Gray:
Estate Gray is a classic, adaptable color that seamlessly complements a wide array of home designs. Its neutral tones make it a top choice for both traditional and contemporary abodes.
2. Desert Tan:
If you’re aiming to infuse warmth and character into your home, Desert Tan is your go-to hue. This earthy tone pairs harmoniously with brick, stone, and wood exteriors.
3. Onyx Black:
For those craving a bold and dramatic statement, Onyx Black takes the spotlight. This deep black color can create striking contrasts against light-colored siding, ensuring your home stands out.
4. Harbor Blue:
Harbor Blue exudes a refreshing coastal vibe. If you dream of evoking tranquility and seaside charm, this color is your ticket to a beachy aesthetic.
Teak is a rich, reddish-brown shade that radiates warmth and sophistication. Ideal for homes with classic or rustic styles, it adds a touch of timeless elegance.
6. Chateau Green:
Chateau Green offers a soft, muted green hue that plays well with nature-inspired or cottage-style homes. It’s the secret ingredient for creating a welcoming and harmonious atmosphere.
How to Know When It’s Time For a Roof Replacement
Even the finest roofing materials will eventually bow to wear and tear, so it’s crucial to recognize the signs that signal the need for a roof replacement. Here are some telltale indicators that it might be time:
- Chronological Checkup: Consider the age of your roof. Most asphalt shingle roofs last anywhere from 20 to 30 years. If yours is in or nearing this age range, it’s time to ponder a makeover.
- Visible Wear and Tear: Scan for telltale signs of shingle distress, like cracks, curls, or vanishing acts. Damaged shingles can pave the way for leaks and further roof degradation.
- Water Works:Spotted water stains on your ceiling or walls? That’s your roof’s way of saying it needs attention. Promptly addressing leaks can save your home from extensive damage.
- Energy Bill Surprises: An aging or compromised roof can lead to poor insulation, causing your energy bills to soar. If you’re noticing an unexpected uptick in heating or cooling costs, your roof might be the culprit.
- Mossy Mess: Moss and algae hitching a ride on your roof can weaken shingles and compromise their integrity. Left unattended, they can lead to moisture buildup and eventual rot.
- Sagging Surprise: A sagging roof deck is a red flag that should raise alarms. It could signify structural damage and a roof that’s seen better days.
- Granule Galore: Take a peek inside your gutters. An abundance of granules from shingles is a sign of shingle wear and tear, potentially undermining your roof’s protective prowess.
Learn More About Owens Corning Shingles
Owens Corning’s history of providing high-quality roofing materials and their diverse array of shingle colors allow homeowners to infuse style and personality into their roofs. When selecting the perfect shingle hue for your home, take into account your home’s architecture, surroundings, and your own personal flair.
Want to know more about your options when it comes to roof shingles? Built Right Roofing & Construction has all the roofing industry expertise that your need! Contact us today to get help choosing the right roof shingle color for your home!